Meet Dr. Salem
Dr Salem, Board Certified Specialist in Orthodontics
I have always found great pleasure in helping others achieve their goals in life by giving them a beautiful smile. I value the opportunity and the trust my patients are giving me to help them make this life changing experience. I like treating my patients like family and I feel honored they selected me to be their orthodontist. I enjoy treating both children and adults with metal braces, clear braces and invisalign. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the pleasure I bring to my patients after finishing braces.
Every year I attend many courses and conferences to stay up to date with the latest orthodontic innovations and techniques. As a board certified orthodontist, I feel it’s my duty to be involved in the research and continuing education that allows me to provide the best treatment options available to my patients.
Education and continuing Education:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery DDS Degree from University of Jordan and later worked as a teaching and research assistant.
- Residency in Orthodontics from the University of Illinios at Chicago (UIC) where he graduated with a Certificate of Orthodontics and a Masters of Science degree in Oral Sciences.
- Dr Salem is certified by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO), the highest Certification in the specialty of Orthodontics.
- In addition to Patient’s care, Dr Salem is active in clinical research in the University of illinois at chicago (UIC). His research interest is in three-dimensional (3D) cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT). He has a publication with the title “Implementation of ultra-low-dose CBCT for routine 2D orthodontic diagnostic radiographs: Cephalometric landmark identification and image quality assessment” that was published in one of the leading Orthodontic Journals in December 2015.
Dr Salem is an active member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- American Board of Orthodontics (ABO)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS)
- Chicago Dental Society (CDS)